Creamy Mushroom Sautee
6 2-each portions
- 1 lb. Assorted Mushrooms, Sliced (Dry Roast)
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 ea. Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored and Sliced
- 3 oz. Julienne Red Onion
- 2 tsp. Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 6 oz. Honey
- 4 oz. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 oz. Thinly Sliced Prosciutto, Julienne
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Chives, Minced
- ¼ cup Finely Diced Tomato, Garnish
- 1 ½ cup Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 0% Fat – Plain
- 3 tbsp. Toasted Walnut Oil
- 12 Bias-Cut French Bread Slices, ½ Inch Thick, Toasted
Dry roast mushrooms in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat until mushrooms are caramelized.
Increase the heat to medium high. Add oil, onion, garlic and apple, salt and pepper and sauté about 3 minutes.
Add honey and vinegar. Increase heat to high and cook about 1 ½ minutes until syrup consistency is formed. Remove from heat.
Allow mix to sit for 2-3 minutes. Add herbs and prosciutto, blend together with mushroom mixture.
Fold in Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 0% Fat Plain until a creamy sauce is formed.
Divide mixture evenly between 12 slices of toasted French bread. Garnish with finely diced tomato and parmesan crisps.