Pan-Roasted Salmon With Tzatziki & Fennel Arugula Salad
6 6-oz. portions
- ¼cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Honey
- 10 grams Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2oz. Slivered Red Onion, Julienne
- ¼ oz. Finely Chopped Garlic
- 6 oz. Diced Cucumber
- 1 ½ cups Oikos®Triple Zero® Greek Yogurt – Vanilla
- Salt and Fresh Milled Black Pepper
Combine vinegar and honey in a small sauce pot. Bring the liquid to boil while stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the mint leaves. Allow the mint leaves to steep while the liquid cools for 5 minutes.
Combine onions, salt and garlic. Strain the liquid while pouring over the onions and discard the wilted leaves. Allow liquid to pickle the onions for 20 minutes minimum (the longer the better).
Combine the cucumber, dill and yogurt with the onion mixture. Re-season with salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste and refrigerate for service.
PAN-ROASTED SALMON WITH TZATZIKI & FENNEL ARUGULA SALAD
- 6oz. Shaved Fresh Fennel Bulb
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- 2oz. Sweet Red Pepper, 2-Inch Julienne
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- ½ tbsp. Minced Fresh Chives
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Fresh Arugula
- 2 tsp. Fennel Fronds
- Freshly Milled Black Pepper to taste
- 6 6-oz. Salmon Fillets
- Oil for Sautéing
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Milled Black Pepper to Taste
In a large sauté pan over high heat, add the olive oil. When it begins to smoke, add the salmon, skin-side down. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook 2-3 minutes. Turn fillets and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until desired temperature is reached. Reserve hot for service.
Combine all listed ingredients for Fennel Salad. Place 2oz. of salad on a dinner plate. Arrange a salmon fillet over the top of the salad. Spoon 2 oz. of the tzatziki mixture and garnish the top with a fennel frond over each salmon fillet and serve immediately.