SMOKED TOMATO MAC AND CHEESE
300 2-oz. tasting portions
- 60 cups Cavatappi Pasta, cooked, drained
- 30 cups Smoked Tomato Sauce Sub-Recipe
- 10 cups Butter Crackers (Ritz®), Crushed
Place pasta in a large mixing bowl.
Cover with sauce, mix to combine.
Pour into greased hotel pans and top with crushed butter crackers.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until hot throughout.
Serve 2-oz. portions in 4-oz. tasting cups.
SMOKED TOMATO SAUCE
30 cups for 300 tasting portions
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 cups Onions, ¼-Inch Dice
- 1/3 cup Garlic, Minced
- 6 cups Tomatoes, ¼-Inch Dice
- 1 cup Flour, All-Purpose
- 8 fl. oz. 2% Milk
- 4 lbs. Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 3 lbs. Smoked Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 6 cups Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 0% – Plain
In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté the onions in the oil until translucent. Add the garlic and heat until fragrant and beginning to color.
Add in tomatoes, and heat until simmering.
Sprinkle flour into the mixture, whisking to combine. Cook 1-2 minutes to cook flour until it begins to brown.
Slowly pour in milk, constantly whisking to create a thickened sauce.
Add in pepper jack and cheddar cheese, whisking to create a cohesive sauce.
Remove from heat and whisk in Greek yogurt.