SMOKED TOMATO MAC AND CHEESE
300 2-oz. tasting portions
- 60 cups Cavatappi Pasta, cooked, drained
- 30 cups Smoked Tomato Sauce Sub-Recipe
- 10 cups Butter Crackers (Ritz®), Crushed
Place pasta in a large mixing bowl.
Cover with sauce, mix to combine.
Pour into greased hotel pans and top with crushed butter crackers.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until hot throughout.
Serve 2-oz. portions in 4-oz. tasting cups.
SMOKED TOMATO SAUCE
MAKES30 cups for 300 tasting portions
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 cups Onions, ¼-Inch Dice
- 1/3 cup Garlic, Minced
- 6 cups Tomatoes, ¼-Inch Dice
- 1 cup Flour, All-Purpose
- 8 fl. oz. 2% Milk
- 4 lbs. Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 3 lbs. Smoked Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 6 cups Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt 0% – Plain